The main outputs of the REACCESS project will be the following:
- A new modelling tool, based on the stochastic version of the TIMES technical economic model generator and related SW tools, incorporating the main consumers and supply regions and corridors for external energy supply;
- Exemplary scenarios and variants for EU27 and the other main supply demand regions;
- Investigation of inter-relationships between external energy supply strategies and EU27 or MS policies for energy management (Supply-Side, e.g. promotion of renewables; Demand-Side e.g. energy efficiency, behavioural change, carbon or other extra tax, etc.);
- Exemplary assessment of EC and MS policies;
- The training of target groups for better understanding of the complexities of the system and appreciation of the capabilities of the modeling tools;
- Dissemination and exploitation activities for discussion refinement and dissemination of the methodology and models and the predicted results for the analysed scenarios.
In the longer term, the action will help both EC as well as MS to assess quantitatively the effect of various energy import policies / measures in connection with EC / national policies to manage their energy market e.g. renewables, efficiency, primary demand management (behavioural change, carbon or extra other tax), etc
The proponents are convinced that this project will make available a quantitative tool capable of analysing simultaneously the three sides of the so called “Triangle of European Energy Decision Making”: Security of Supply (stability of International Trading System, Short-term Emergency Storage), Environmental Objectives (Kyoto Protocol, Share of Renewable Energies) and Economic Competitiveness (Innovation as a result of increased Research, Investment in new technologies, Liberalisation, Nuclear Power Lisbon Strategies).